Soil Sensor-Based Precision Irrigation By Woodpecker Microsystems
A range of robust, field proven sensors provide
accurate soil water status throughout the year.
Although monitoring soil water status provides great insight into plant water availability it may not accurately reflect actual plant water use or need.
By observing the plant itself it is possible to estimate exact amount of water consumed under various weather conditions and irrigation regimes.
Our sensors monitor minor variations in plant physical conditions and provide growers unique insights into actual plant water use and alert for possible water stress conditions that could adversely affect yield.
- Reduce Pumping Costs
- Maintain Ideal soil water level for optimal plant health
- Avoid yield loss due to under or overwatering
- Conserve groundwater and soil health
- Minimize nutrient leaching below the root zone
- Reduce nutrient run-offs due to overwatering
- Accurate inputs for variable rate irrigation (VRI) based on current soil water in the soil profile and expected plant water use